This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound after latest update No NOT SOLVED

After the buggy update from last night I have no more sound. Instead I am getting an error message that "Pulse device" was removed.
    Sound card is still recognized and correctly named.

Anyone else with this problem?
    Any work around solutions?

Re: No sound after latest update

sudo apt-get install pulseaudio - did the trick for me.
    Some have found that removing pulse completely, did the trick for them.
    try and see.

Comment

Re: No sound after latest update NOT SOLVED

That worked. Sound is back.

Unfortunately, the joy was short lived. Right after I restored sound, I installed the latest KDE updates.

Result:

Sound is not working again.
      And now the solution to this problem also is no longer working.

I understand that the following is an unpopular position, but less eye candy and fancy KDE stuff would be more. What good does it do Kubuntu users when KDE duplicates yet another chat application (just used as an example here) or other less necessary frills but constantly introduces new bugs or revives old ones in the process.
      Karmic is no longer an Alpha version, isn't it?

Less is often more and a slower pace of development might greatly improve the enjoyment of using Kubuntu.

The way things are going recently with the KDE improvements has me mightily frustrated and annoyed.
      Personally I do not expect fancy plasma fireworks and KDE footwork, but I would very much enjoy a screen that shows some simple graphics and pictures instead of a jumble of pixellated colors. And I like my Skype with sound and not with an error message that tells me that KDE thinks I do not need the following sound devices thus removing all sound from my computer.

Come on KDE guys, you can do better.

Comment

Working...
      X