X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible permission problem with one user

Hi,
    after last upgrades I realized I cannot: log out, reboot and poweroff on my user account. During login there is also no login sound (but I can still play music). I checked my husband's account (he almost never uses it so it's almost pristine) and everything was fine. I think it must be something messed up with permissions. Our users are almost in the same groups however. It's not a problem with KDE configuration either (I removed the old .kde directory). I'm out of ideas (except creating a new account for myself). Help anyone?

Re: Possible permission problem with one user

I am new to this too, but have you tried going to the user management and add certain groups to yourself like audio, video and so forth? that might go a long way. It is located at the start and system settings and choose the second tap, you are going to use user management or a different name. There you can see if it is a group problem or not.

I hope that helps.
    You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
    Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
    Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Re: Possible permission problem with one user

Are you saying when you click on "logout" nothing happens or what

The log in sound issue could be totally different cause - like muting or lowering the volume and then logging out thus saving the setting.

unless you've messed with files as root, it's unlikely you've damaged your permissions or file ownership (more likely than permissions)

Easy to check though:

open a konsole and type:

ls -lRa /home/<yourusername> | grep root

the output will list files owned by root.

Post your version of kubuntu and kde and ant relevant output from dmesg.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X