Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep application rel. 0.4.0 / reliable ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep application rel. 0.4.0 / reliable ??

Hi folks,

I have to do my PC backup and so I have to choose an appropriate tool.
    I tried "Keep app" (rel. 0.4.0) to backup my "/home" dir: it seems to work but the Keep log remarks the event "Backup Error", therefore I check the backup files/folders but they seems good.

Please how could I find the errors ?? do you know how Keep app. works ?

do you suggest anything else ? GRsync how is it ??

thanks in advance
    Dual-booting:<br />Kubuntu: Karmic Koala (Main OS)<br />Windows:Vista Home Premium<br />--------------------------------------------------------------<br />Sony Vaio&nbsp; VGN-NR21Z - 2 Duo processor T8100<br />Graphics nvidia GeForce 8400M GT GPU

Re: Keep application rel. 0.4.0 / reliable ??

Hi everybody

any suggestion ??

thanks
    Dual-booting:<br />Kubuntu: Karmic Koala (Main OS)<br />Windows:Vista Home Premium<br />--------------------------------------------------------------<br />Sony Vaio&nbsp; VGN-NR21Z - 2 Duo processor T8100<br />Graphics nvidia GeForce 8400M GT GPU

Comment

I use Backintime from the repo.
      Easy to use and works well.

Comment

@sandro54

I believe that the Backup Error you are seeing in the Keep log is just a header, under which actual backup errors, if they occurred, would be recorded. My guess is, that the date/time stamps on these entries match the date/times you performed backups, yes?
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X