This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.4 RC3

is RC3 just going to be just skipped or something? it was released on feb the 1st and was made available on beta repos the very next day for some distros (suse fatory repo just to name one) yet it hasnt even been brought up either on kubuntu official page nor on this forum.
    Blow out the candles on all my frankensteins.

Re: KDE 4.4 RC3

Ah well, the release should be in 3 days.

And you can always compile the source.

Comment

they have to first get it running in Lucid, then the rather tiny group of devs that package things for Kubuntu can backport them to Karmic. There is a lot more going on besides 4.4 rc3, there have been QT updates as well as nepomuk/soprano stuff.

I admit we aren't as fast as some other distros, but we would get dumped on in a fantastic manner if we had a buggy release even though it is rc, more so than some of those Other Distros would get

On the other hand, we get dumped on for NOT having things fast enough.

Comment

Indeed.

Keep up The Good Works. 8)

I looked on the Ubuntu forums and their 9.10 Gnome release seems to be less than stellar.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
          they have to first get it running in Lucid, then the rather tiny group of devs that package things for Kubuntu can backport them to Karmic. There is a lot more going on besides 4.4 rc3, there have been QT updates as well as nepomuk/soprano stuff.

I admit we aren't as fast as some other distros, but we would get dumped on in a fantastic manner if we had a buggy release even though it is rc, more so than some of those Other Distros would get

On the other hand, we get dumped on for NOT having things fast enough.
          I think most people can wait until the 9th, is it less than 3 days away

Comment

The only reason I'd like to see RC3 in 9.10 is because there is a problem with kdebindings in RC2. The KDE team on forum.kde.org said that kdebindings was fixed in RC3 and told me to upgrade, but I can't since Kubuntu doesn't provide RC3...
            Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus
              The only reason I'd like to see RC3 in 9.10 is because there is a problem with kdebindings in RC2. The KDE team on forum.kde.org said that kdebindings was fixed in RC3 and told me to upgrade, but I can't since Kubuntu doesn't provide RC3...
              Still waiting for KDE 4.4 SC.

Comment

Yep. I kept checking the site all day today like a kid waiting for a present

Comment

Originally posted by adibudeen
                  Yep. I kept checking the site all day today like a kid waiting for a present
                  Like a flower in the winter waits for the Sun. :')
                  HP ProBook 4310s - ATI Radeon Mobility 4330 - pae kernel<br /><br />http://idyllictux.wordpress.com/

Comment

Nice. LOL Let's just hope the winter doesn't last too long.

Comment

[quote=adibudeen ]
                      Nice. LOL Let's just hope the winter doesn't last too long.
                      [/quote

Dies anybody know when this will happen?

Comment

Working...
                      X