This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webbrowser

For now I'm running Google's Chromium webbrowser. It's very fast, intuitive and looks good.
    Because of the great choice, it would be nice to know, what webbrowser is the most used on a KDE (kubuntu) desktop and why you like it.
    Konqueror
    0%
    Firefox
    0%
    Chromium
    0%
    Opera
    0%
    Midori
    0%
    Other
    0%
    Main system: Dell Studio XPS 8100 with Kubuntu 10.04<br />Main system: Dell Inspiron 1720 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Second system: Acer Aspire 1500 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Third system: Dell Dimension Desktop with Kubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista<br />Fourth system: Dell Inspiron with Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista

Re: Webbrowser

I have both firefox and chromium installed. Chromium is fast, but I still use firefox most of the time. As chromium improves and offers more options I may switch.

Comment

Opera.

It shares the standard features of the other browsers and adds a few more to the mix. For me it delivers the best overall browsing experience. Here are my top 3:

Mouse Gestures - quickly move back/forward between pages, open/close pages, open links, reload page etc.
      Speed Dial - fast access to your favourite websites
      Opera Link - Sync bookmarks and speed dials between your computers and mobile devices e.g. when using Opera Mini on your phone.
      Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Comment

I use FF3.6, it feels faster than 3.5 and has some neat tricks like the tab from a link is set to the right of the parent tab.
        Iceweasel is installed but I don't quite see the point of it.

There are a few strange sites I open with bare-bones Konqueror because it omits certain Java problems.

On an old PIII I use Midori, it's extremely light weight but renders nicely.

Comment

FF3.57 because 3.6's fonts are not anti-aliased coming from the Mozilla daily repo.

Also because I can play http://www.apple.com/ipad/#video without issue with the proper plugin installed.

Whereas, that plugin completely kills Chrome in KDE, while Chrome with the same plugin runs flawlessly in Gnome. Chrome does a poor job of adblocking compared to FF. Konq. is a joke of a browser and the slowest of them all. While Opera is not that much faster and has a terrible UI.

Comment

I use firefox for internet and konqueror for file manipulation.

Comment

I have Chromium as my default browser, and very occasional use Firefox and Konqueror.
              Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

My primary browser is Opera, but I also use Arora and keep an eye on Konqueror. Personally not a fan of mozilla products (not a mainstream opinion, I know :P)

Comment

I continue to use Konqueror. Why? Principally because it is the native Web Browser for KDE, meaning, it's integrated with KDE and works well with it. I have no problems, as others continually post, with viewing YouTube videos, or sights using Flash - Konqueror works just fine with these.
                  Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

FF 3.5.7. Never had issues with FF for quite some time.

Comment

SeaMonkey. Been using it since its name was Mozilla Suite...and before that Netscape Communicator. I have some 15+ other browsers installed and use them occasionally, but SeaMonkey is not only my browser but I also use its e-mail/newsgroup client. After SM, I like Flock A LOT, then Opera, then others.
                      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

I developed a problem with FF 3.5.7 today. See my post at:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3109908.0

Comment

I use Chrome. The reason is simple. Speed!
                          Boot Info Script

Comment

Opera. It looks clean, spacious and attractive with the right skin (and without a menu bar), is snappy enough, and doesn't ever get in my way.

I liked Chrome, too; it was pretty with Anna Sui decor. Except... it'd actually run Firefox to handle apturls. Not good. Some misconfiguration somewhere. Now I can't even get it to start but that's another topic.

Not a big fan of any of the Mozilla products, although they're solid enough, and I use Songbird. Firefox is good to fall back on if Opera fails me for some reason (which it never does any more so I don't know why I bother). I just don't like its UI, and it's rather hefty.

Sometimes I use w3m (like Lynx) just to stay in touch with the inner command line nerd but it's never a very enjoyable experience.

Comment

Switched to Chromium several weeks ago and have been happy with it - the only time I had to run Firefox was when I filed my taxes this year as TurboTax' website absolutely refused to let me in under Chromium.

Interestingly, TurboTax complained about FF under Linux but provided me with a "continue anyway" button that was not available under Chromium.
                              we see things not as they are, but as we are.
                              -- anais nin

Comment

Working...
                              X