This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop Activity Settings = Blank Screen

Everything in Kubuntu is working really well.
    No problems anywhere except this:

Whenever I mouse left-click on the Desktop and select "Desktop Activity Settings" I get a blank screen.

I then have to press Alt-F2, then I can see the box drop down, and I type "plasma-desktop" which returns me back to my desktop.

Am tired of looking at my wallpaper slideshow cycling through at the set fast rate. would love to make changes and see the Desktop Activity Settings box. (Everything else functions perfectly, never had problems before this.)

(This may have started after dist-upgrade to "KDE SC 4.4 Release Candidate 1 or 2", cant remember as I have had this problem for a while, and have been unable to solve it myself.
    (Macbook 2,1)

Re: Desktop Activity Settings = Blank Screen

Same exact problem here!! the only thing I could do to get rid of the wallpaper slideshow was to move my picture folder somewhere else (not really smart, but at least it works) but I still can't go to desktop activity setting,

it started just as soon as I changed my regular wallpaper to a slideshow... Please help me!
    (I'm running kubuntu 10.04)

Comment

Re: Desktop Activity Settings = Blank Screen

Found a solution that worked for me!

go to /home/{USER}/.kde/share/config and edit a file called plasma-desktop-appletsrc

there, you'll see a line that says wallpaperpluginmode=slideshow
      change the slideshow to SingleImage , then save the file, log out and log back in, you should be able to access Desktop activity settings now.... Personally, I'll stay away from the slideshow wallpaper for a while, that was really annoying, good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X