X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

html editor

Hello!

I need some advice here. I am looking for a html editor something like dreamweaver. I need it for my homepage. I'd like to edit using opensource and something where I don't need to enter html code but has presets available.

Thanks.

Re: html editor

Take a look at KompoZer. It's in the repository.

Another option is Quanta. It is also in the repository.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

As far as I know something like DreamWeaver doesn't exist for Linux. (And I think I should know it if it does exist.) With Quanta Plus you have to code yourself. It has a lot of handy things, but it's not a wysiwyg-editor like DreamWeaver.
      Kompozer is a free opensource wysiwyg-editor, but DreamWeaver is far more advanced. But maybe it's good enough for you, for most people it is.
      If you want to try Kompozer you can download the latest developer build from the site. It's pretty stable and much, much better than the latest stable build in the repository.
      (Pfff, I'm really not good in writing English :P )

Comment

I use Kompzer. If I run into a problem wanting my web page to do something that Kompzer does not do, I just google for the appropriate code and cut and paste. Kompozer is not only wysiwyg but also lets you edit the code directly. Works for me. But my web pages are very simple. Most complicated thing on my pages is embedded sound, video, and links to advertisers that generate revenue.

Comment

thanks! ill stick with komposer and you guys gave me lots of good suggestions. My site is very simple.

Comment

Working...
          X