This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't add files in winff

I am trying to convert some video files with winff but when i press the add button i get this

[img width=400 height=231]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/628/51597679.png[/img]

after that i can do nothing, i press the button to close the message and winff crashes

Is there any solution ?

PS. maybe that helps
    i get this when i run it through terminal

sneferu@sneferu-desktop:~$ winff
    [WARNING] Out of OEM specific VK codes, changing to unassigned
    [WARNING] Out of unassigned VK codes, assigning $FF

(winff:3610): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.22.3/gobject/gsignal.c:2270: signal `enter' is invalid for instance `0x9c6d980'

(winff:3610): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.22.3/gobject/gsignal.c:2270: signal `leave' is invalid for instance `0x9c6d980'

(winff:3610): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.22.3/gobject/gsignal.c:2270: signal `enter' is invalid for instance `0x9cd6c00'

(winff:3610): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.22.3/gobject/gsignal.c:2270: signal `leave' is invalid for instance `0x9cd6c00'

Re: Can't add files in winff

yes.. even i had same problem.
    though i don't know the solution for this..
    but i can suggest you workaround..
    just drag and drop files in the main window of winff.. and get what you wanted done
    asus A52N
    Dual boot: Kubuntu 11.10 64bit, Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
    AMD Athlon II 64 X2 | 4 GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon HD 4200
    windoze free since 2009 12 16 (Vijay din= Victory day)

Comment

Originally posted by sneferu
      I am trying to convert some video files with winff but when i press the add button i get this

[img width=400 height=231]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/628/51597679.png[/img]

after that i can do nothing, i press the button to close the message and winff crashes

Is there any solution ?

PS. maybe that helps
      i get this when i run it through terminal

sneferu@sneferu-desktop:~$ winff
      [WARNING] Out of OEM specific VK codes, changing to unassigned
      [WARNING] Out of unassigned VK codes, assigning $FF

(winff:3610): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.22.3/gobject/gsignal.c:2270: signal `enter' is invalid for instance `0x9c6d980'

(winff:3610): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.22.3/gobject/gsignal.c:2270: signal `leave' is invalid for instance `0x9c6d980'

(winff:3610): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.22.3/gobject/gsignal.c:2270: signal `enter' is invalid for instance `0x9cd6c00'

(winff:3610): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.22.3/gobject/gsignal.c:2270: signal `leave' is invalid for instance `0x9cd6c00'
      Its a known issue http://code.google.com/p/winff/issues/detail?id=55&can=1&q=kde
      A Player who makes a theme great is better than a great player .. Losing your self for the team for the good of the team .. now thats team work

Comment

Winff is merely a gui frontend for ffmpeg. It does not recognize or support all of the formats that ffmpeg supports. You can do a lot more with ffmpeg from the command line. See man ffmpeg.

Comment

@detonate: i completely agree with you.. but it is difficult to give command line parameters with accuracy.. ffmpeg should have given some standard examples..

is there any better frontend for ffmpeg?
          asus A52N

Comment

Thanks for the help !!!

Comment

Originally posted by kapil
              @detonate: i completely agree with you.. but it is difficult to give command line parameters with accuracy.. ffmpeg should have given some standard examples..

is there any better frontend for ffmpeg?
              I found this http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...25810ad72ec901
              It is not better than winff but it works

Comment

this is kind of strange ??

on my NEW old box with a fresh straight 9.10 install this bug IS thare and changing the GTK+ Appearance from Qtcurve to something elce dose fix it.

but on my good box (the one that's in my sig and has the best hardware I have) winff works just fine WITH the Qtcurve..........I'm not shure just what's different other than it started off as 9.04
                and net upgraded to 9.10 .

just an observation and thought I'd share

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

The source of the problem is missing icon files for the file open dialog with the Gtk theme you use.

But the best solution is to take the source code for Winff and compile it for Qt instead of Gtk!
                  This is very easy because it is written with Lazarus/Freepascal, just a compiler switch to change.

I already do it and it work fine, I can upload a binary if someone is interested.

Comment

i am interested. please upload binary..
                    and give instructions of how to setup.. as i am relatively new to this thing
                    asus A52N

Comment

OK , I build a Qt version using the just released 1.2 version.
                      I make a 32 and 64 bit build you can found here: http://www.ap-i.net/pub/winff/

To avoid any problem with the standard winff install I include only the binary renamed to winff-qt and the Freepascal Qt binding library.
                      This not include any resource, so you must install it along with the winff package to get the translation and the sample preset. Because of this some new text like Preview are not translated.

To install:
                      - download the file corresponding to your architecture (winff-qt_1.2_x86_64.tgz for Kubuntu 64bit)
                      - open a Konsole terminal and go to the directory you download the file :
                      cd ~/Download
                      - extract the files, I suggest you put then in /usr/local :
                      sudo tar xvzf winff-qt_1.2_x86_64.tgz -C /usr/local
                      - update the library cache :
                      sudo ldconfig

To run just type: winff-qt

To uninstall : remove the files /usr/local/bin/winff-qt /usr/local/lib/libqt4intf.so /usr/local/lib/libqt4intf.so.5

Please note that I have nothing to do with winff, I am just a Kubuntu, winff user who find this useful
                      If there is a real interest we must look with the winff Ubuntu maintainer how to include that.

Comment

@pch: neat!!! thanks for step-by-step guide.. (i just love this community of ours)
                        @sneferu: thanks to your question i got hold of this simple yet useful app
                        asus A52N

Comment

Working...
                        X