This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need hep to restore firefox and konqueror bookmarks

my hard drive has just gone tits up(due to too many bad clusters), I have replaced it put the old one in an external case and copied all the data across but I want my old bookmarks, how can I get them? Ive looked in /.mozilla/firefox/[profile]/bookmarks.html and its empty! So is it stored elsewhere? I had recently imported the bookmarks from a previous install, i dont know if that changes anything!
    any one got any ideas?
    thanks in advance
    katoiam

Re: need hep to restore firefox and konqueror bookmarks

When I move to a new distro, I copy the entire contents of my old profile to my new profile and it works for Firefox. I would also suggest that, for the future, install a firefox extension, called Xmarks. This stores all of your bookmarks online and can easily be used to restore your bookmarks from any computer. I don't know about Konqueror.

Comment

Open a Konsole window (Al+F2 -> konsole) and use the command below to list your Firefox bookmarks backups.

Code:
      find ~/.mozilla/ -iregex ".*json$" -exec ls -lh {} +
      Usually they are located at /home/USERNAME/.mozilla/firefox/SALT/bookmarkbackups/bookmarks-*.json.

Lost bookmarks - MozillaZine Knowledge Base:

HTH
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
        When I move to a new distro, I copy the entire contents of my old profile to my new profile and it works for Firefox. I would also suggest that, for the future, install a firefox extension, called Xmarks. This stores all of your bookmarks online and can easily be used to restore your bookmarks from any computer. I don't know about Konqueror.
        I also do this and I also don't know about Konqueror

Comment

Working...
        X