This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compiling wxGTK+ Problem [SOLVED]

DialogBlocks-4.30 requires a local build of wxGTK (V2-8.10 of which I have the source), however, when DialogBlocks tries to compile the wxGTK source, the following error occurs:

In file included from ./src/gtk/gsockgtk.cpp:21:
    ./include/wx/gsocket.h:40: error: using typedef-name ‘GSocket’ after ‘class’
    /usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/giotypes.h:120: error: ‘GSocket’ has a previous declaration here
    In file included from ./include/wx/gsocket.h:179,
    from ./src/gtk/gsockgtk.cpp:21:
    ./include/wx/unix/gsockunx.h:40: error: using typedef-name ‘GSocket’ after ‘class’
    /usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/giotypes.h:120: error: ‘GSocket’ has a previous declaration here

This indicates to me that there's some sort of dependency that's no longer being met
    by either glib-2.0 or something.
    DialogBlocks and compilation of wxGTK was successful in the past, before I installed Kubuntu onto a new
    1TB disk. I still have the previous installation on another 250GB hard disk, but I would like to figure out
    how to get wxGTK to compile on the larger hard disk.

Re: compiling wxGTK+ Problem [SOLVED]

Never mind, I received an updated gsockgtk.cpp source file from
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/a...tools/messages. Apparently, glib caused a namespace collision with wxGTK. If anyone else has the same problem (which, judging from the lack of any responses to my original problem, is exceedingly remote!), contact me for the updated source file.
    C'mon all you Kubuntu Gurus, bone up on compilation problems! It would not have taken this long to figure out this problem in the Gentoo forums (if the problem would have occurred at all). 8)
    [SOLVED]

Comment

Working...
    X