This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FIXED] sound suddenly got distorted, not even a reinstall helps

Installed a fresh new Karmic the other day, and everything was working perfectly, up until tonight. I was watching an xvid in dragon player, and in the middle of the video the sound started getting distorted, sounding as if it was played through a tube and echoing, rather low volume at that as well. This went on and off for a couple of minutes, and after that it just stayed distorted that way.

Amarok also sounds distorted now.

The only sound not being distorted, and played at full volume is the logon/logoff sound from KDE.

I'm new to KDE, just switched from Gnome the other day, so I don't know what could have caused this.

I tried reinstalling codecs, thought I messed something up there, tried installing VLC - to no avail. I thought it might be some of the updates or maybe the proprietary nvidia drivers I installed, so I wiped the system, installed afresh, but the problem is still there (which is totally strange, as it was working properly when I installed it the first time).

It's totally weird, to say the least...

Anyone any ideas? Or should I just stick to the good old Gnome?

Re: sound suddenly got distorted, not even a reinstall helps

Do you experience the same problem when running from the LiveCD?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

maybe deleting ~/.xine will help...

Comment

Sorry for the false alarm guys, it turned out to be a faulty audio connection wire...

Went out and bought a new one today. Everything works perfectly now.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X