X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to burn .m4a Audio CD with k3b

Hi!

I'm a rather new user of Linux and Kubuntu and I own a quite large collection of .m4a-files that I originaly have ripped with itunes. With Kubuntu I've no problem listening to them with amarok but when I try add .m4a-files to an audio-cd project in K3b I get the following message (this is not the case when I try to burn mp3-files for example):

Unable to handle the following files due to an unsupported format:
    You may manually convert these audio files to wave using another application supporting the audio format and then add the wave files to the K3b project.
    I've searched this forum and some other linux-forums and I've gotten the impression that you can burn audio-cds with k3b from .m4a-files directly, without converting them to wave-files or some other format, but I do not know how to make this possible. I understand that I need some sort of k3b-decoder. I have checked that k3b-extra-codecs, ie libk3b3-extracodes, are installed, but there doesn't seem to be any mpeg4-decoder plug-in installed in k3b. I've understood that you need to go through FFMpeg to make this possible but the only FFMpeg-decoder that is installed in K3b is wma.

Does anyone have any advice?

I'm using Kubuntu 9.10 with KDE 4.3.4 and K3b 1.68.0

Re: How to burn .m4a Audio CD with k3b

do you have transcode?

I'll try to get some m4a's to test

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
    X