This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plasma gone wrong

I recently installed the netbook version to have a look, it didnt work so well so I changed back to normal kde, the next time I logged in it went back to the netbook version, whihc was odd, but I tried ot change it back and it wouldnt! Hmmm So I removed the netbook version hoping the next time I logged in it would be normal again, no uck some how it was still there and now I couldnt get back to normal kde. So I though ok Ill give it ago and try to fix it in a few days , but nothing worked though the netbook version was fine so i stuck with it for a few more days, now I have a task bar at the top but every thing else is white, I cant get to any programmes, i CANT GET BACK TO KDE (NORMAL) luckily I have gnome installed as well whihc is where im writting this from, I have reinstalled the netbook version and reinstalled kubuntu-desktop, netbookplasma and kdebase-plasma, but nothing works.
    I nedd help seriously
    thanks in advance
    ciao
    katioam

Re: plasma gone wrong

There are 3 config files that store your plasma desktop settings. You probably need to erase them so they are re-written. They can be found in .kde/share/config. The three files are plasma-appletsrc, plasma-desktop-appletsrc, and plasmarc.

Comment

The easiest way to get a new plasma desktop is to use the command

rm ~/.kde/share/config/plasma*

and reboot

Comment

if you remove the package 'plasma-netbook' you should be forced to use a 'normal' kde4 desktop
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X