Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could be biggest newb question of all time....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be biggest newb question of all time....

So i just did a clean install of Kubuntu Karmic on my kids computer. I run Ubuntu and Kubuntu at my house also. The problem is this, when I am looking at webpages on firefox I have to scroll over on the bottom of the screen. For the life of me I can't remember how to fix it so I see the whole page in the screen. I know this is a stupid question but maybe everyone else will know how to fix it and will tell me. Thanks in advance.....................Peace

Re: Could be biggest newb question of all time....

What do you mean by "scroll over on the bottom of the screen."
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      What do you mean by "scroll over on the bottom of the screen."
      specifically, when he is on myspace the whole page can't be seen without using the scroll bar at the bottom of the page to move over, Like i said , i feel dumb asking such a basic question, but I need this to be as right as possible before i leave.
      Thanks again for the response and any help.

------------------peace-------------

Comment

I don't use FireFox; not in Kubuntu Karmic, but have you clicked on Settings > Configure FireFox (or the equivalent) from the Menu Bar? Also, any reason not to use Konqueror, the default browser?
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I don't run Karmic, but isn't there a System Settings > Monitor & Display > Screen Size, or something similar? There is in my Hardy and that does the trick here. Good luck.

Edit: If you can't solve it that way, perhaps use a different browser. Opera is arguably the best browser out there right now. Downloading the .deb is the way.

Comment

I'm not using KDE at the moment, but with Compiz you can resize the window by holding the Ctrl key down and using the scroll wheel on the mouse. I scroll mine until the scroll bar appears at the bottom, then back off a little. Does anyone know if KDE Desktop Effects offers the same capability?

Comment

Hoopla!
              That also works in just plain old 8.04 without Compiz. I never knew that until I tried it just now. The things you learn around here.

Comment

What also works is to hold the Ctrl key down while you press either + or -.
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                X