This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible tearing noise when saving file in Thunderbird

I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden, whenever I save a file attached to a Thunderbird message, there is a terrible, loud noise like tearing paper or something. What the $%^&* is this coming from. I can't find anything like it in System Settings or in Thunderbird options.

Maybe it is the result of a dist-upgrade I recently did.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: Horrible tearing noise when saving file in Thunderbird

Is the sound coming from your speaker or headset, or is it coming from "inside" your box, i.e., the HD itself?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

From the speakers. I don't know about the internal speaker, it's so soft.
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Have you checked every Notification in K > System Settings > Notifications > Event Source for an entry for Thunderbird?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes, there are only 5 notifications defined, cllick, connect (twice), game won and turn. Also, on System Bell, I've chosen "Use system bell instead of notification".

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Ah, "Connect connect" and "Game won Game won" had associated sounds, which I removed. I cannot reproduce the pb in Tbird. Why does Tbird use them?

Thanks again.

Comment

I'm learning slowly. I didn't see the "Event source" drop-down. So I was just looking at events from knetwalk, whatever that may be. I looked at the list of sources and Thunderbird is not there.

Hmmm...

Comment

Working...
              X