X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin: audiocd:/ doesn't show me a mp3-folder

Hi,

I wanted to rip a audio-cd to mp3-files. The filemanger Dolphin automatically shows me meta-folders for Ogg Vorbis, Flac, CDA, etc. But I'm desperately missing a mp3-folder. Isn't this implemented by default or do I have to install some extra packages (lame-encoder is already installed)?

Thanks
    Jonny

Re: Dolphin: audiocd:/ doesn't show me a mp3-folder

Here the kio-audiocd seems to work. It is ridiculous slow , even with the encoder priority set to the highest.

The > kdemultimedia-kio-plugins is suggesting only the lame.

Does the System Setting > Advanced > Audio CDs have the "MP3 Encoder" tab ?

When i search installed packages with the keyword lame:

lame (+libmp3lame0)
    twolame (+libtwolame0)
    swh-plugins
    kubuntu-restricted-extras
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Hi Rog131,

When i search installed packages with the keyword lame:

lame (+libmp3lame0)
      twolame (+libtwolame0)
      swh-plugins
      kubuntu-restricted-extras
      I was missing the plain lame-package (I thought libmp3lame0 was enough). That did the trick. Thanks for your help. Now I have "MP3 Encoder" tab and the mp3-folder in dolphin.

There's still a something that bugs me a little with Dolphin. If you open the audiocd in Dolphin in folder-view, you're kind of stuck. You cannot navigate back to root or whatever. Can this be bypassed in this view?

Cheers
      Jonny

Comment

...If you open the audiocd in Dolphin in folder-view..

I'm confused

You have a plasma-widget folderview pointing to the audiocd:/

and then you click a folder --> it is opening in the Dolphin... or what ??

Comment

Up above the files window you should see a little CD icon and "Volume" or whatever the name of the CD is. If you click on the CD icon you can navigate to any of your "Places". You could also go to "View" in the menu and choose "Panels | Places" (or just hit F9) to permanently add convenient navigation to Dolphin.

Comment

Hi there,

I guess I was a little imprecise.
            I'm talking of the panel "Folders" (see attachment "folders-panel.png").
            In panel "Places" I get to see the cd icon, everything fine here (see attachment "places-panel.png").

My problem in the "Folders"-panel is, that I don't have a chance to navigate to "audiocd:/". At least I don't know how.

Cheers
            Jonny
            Attached Files

Comment

Just to be clear -- Your OP states 'Dolphin' and the help provided so far has been for Dolphin. Yet, the to images you posted show you are working in Konqueror, not Dolphin.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi,

Yet, the to images you posted show you are working in Konqueror, not Dolphin.
                I'm launching dolphin and the screenshots tells you dolphin in the title. What makes you think I'm using Konqueror?

Cheers
                Jonny

Comment

My problem in the "Folders"-panel is, that I don't have a chance to navigate to "audiocd:/"...

Hmm ---

The "Places" panel is showing the partitions and the quick links (Entries) - "Home, Root, ..."

The "Folders" is showing the directories of the picked partition.

The panels are movable and they could be on the top of the other panel (tabs).

You could add a "Up" button to the tool bar: Settings > Configure Toolbars. Then you will have a chance to navigate to "audiocd:/".

Comment

Hi,

thanks Rog131 for your help.
                    I had the panels tabbed before, but now I think I better place them one below the other. Then I have the best of both worlds in one screen.

My opinion still is, that one should have the ability to navigate to "audiocd:/" in the Folders-panel without workarounds. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
                    Jonny

Comment

But there's no actual audiocd:/ folder to navigate to or away from, is there? audiocd:/ with its various music folders is not a part of the "normal" Linux directory tree the way /media/cdrom or /usr/local or /mnt/whatever are. So it couldn't show up in the Folders pane except as a helpful "lie", which I'm glad has not been done. Better use Places for it.

Comment

Hi,

Better use Places for it.
                        That's what I'm not really happy about: Having to use mix different views.
                        For me, it would be nice to have.

Is there a way to mount this audiocd:/ "directory, so I could navigate to it?

Happy new year
                        Jonny

Comment

Originally posted by jonnybecker
                          Is there a way to mount this audiocd:/ "directory, so I could navigate to it?
                          I don't see how... those flac and mp3 and ogg folders on an audio CD are a convenient "fiction" for the user. Unlike mountable filesystems (and the directory tree in the folders pane) they don't exist outside KDE.

I think.

Comment

Working...
                          X