This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash error in all browsers

Allowed the latest automated bug-fix to run, and since then I have been having difficulties running videos in Firefox. Tested with Konqueror and am seeing similar errors, video won't run, and the KDE crash handler opens, but says "This crash information is probably not useful". I then installed Opera and tested but get the same result, videos will not run in the browser. Saved video and newly downloaded video both run in gxine which I think is unrelated but I want to provided as much information as possible.

I ran sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the relevant packages with Synaptic. Any ideas?

Re: Flash error in all browsers

Nope.

The problem I am having with flash videos is that every time an update occurs, for about the last two weeks or so, or I install some software, FireFox loses the ability to play YouTube videos (flash). I have to reinstall flashplugin-install to get swf videos to play again.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: Flash error in all browsers

Adobe Flash is just an unbelievable pile of crap. I sure hope Gnash will quickly evolve into a perfect 100% replacement >
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Working...
      X