This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask about X-unikey

Hello everybdy. I'm from VietNam, so my english is bad. I can't find any instruction for use x-unikey in my country. I want to type vietnamese and russia in my Kubuntu and OpenOffice 3.1 (my Kubuntu are 9.10 ). What program i can use to type my language (Vietnamese and russia)?
    Uhm... I did install x-unikey, and ibus to my Kubuntu 9.10. After i log out and log in, i saw that's icon in my taskbar, but, i'm go to Preferences --> Input method, i click "select input method" and i didn't see any things. Finally, i click "add" button and no action cause.
    I'm very happy to take part in your forum. And i think you're friendly.
    Please help me. Thanks you very much.

Re: Ask about X-unikey

Welcome to this forum and thanks for the nice words

There's nothing wrong with your command of the English language 8)
    I've never installed a radically different language so I'm guessing.
    From your posting I gather it's not sufficient to add the appropriate language parts through System Settings/Country Region & Language?
    Vietnamese is in the list, even for the keyboard.

Google commes up with several postings about the subject, this one is in English:
    http://wiki.hanoilug.org/soft-unikey
    And it kind of tells me it's the way to get Vietnamese in the terminal but it's not in the repositories.

A general tip, when clicking an icon does not work it's often better to issue the command in a terminal, that way you get feedback about the problem.

Comment

Re: Ask about X-unikey

Thank you very much.
      I can type Vietnamese in my Kubuntu.
      I don't know i must talk anythings to thanks you

Comment

Working...
      X