This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Diary

I have converted my wife's laptop to Kubuntu. She is a happy user, but has one request and I am not sure what will take care of it. Her sister using winbloze$ has a video diary that she keeps. My wife keeps a diary and would like to start keeping a video diary like her sis. I am looking for suggestion on how to accomplish this.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestion on how to do a video diary?

David

Re: Video Diary

Originally posted by spotslayer
    I have converted my wife's laptop to Kubuntu. She is a happy user, but has one request and I am not sure what will take care of it. Her sister using winbloze$ has a video diary that she keeps. My wife keeps a diary and would like to start keeping a video diary like her sis. I am looking for suggestion on how to accomplish this.

David
    David - What Windows program does your wife's sister use? I would think there are many ways to do this in Linux.

We would also need to know if she will be using a webcam, or a digital video recorder.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire
      Originally posted by spotslayer

David
      David - What Windows program does your wife's sister use? I would think there are many ways to do this in Linux.

We would also need to know if she will be using a webcam, or a digital video recorder.
      I am not sure what the name of the program she uses is. I am pretty sure it is one she bought just for this purpose.

She would be using the webcam built in to her laptop. Please remember it needs to be pretty simple. My wife is pretty non-technical.

D

Comment

My favorite is the guvcview, the GTK UVC video viewer. It has excellent controls for video and audio settings and I use VLC for playback. VLC allows you to convert it to another format, stream it, etc...
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

For native KDE webcam recording, try kamoso.

Here is a video demonstration.

​"Keep it between the ditches"
          K*Digest Blog
          K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Looks like a cheese clone!
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thank's Grey I think guvcview is going to fill the bill. It is easy to use and easy to append her files using kino. I never could kamoso to work. It did a hard crash every time I tried to start it.

Comment

@GreyGeek: You're right, Kamoso is a Cheese clone for KDE. It looks and works OK, but it doesn't have all the functionality of Cheese yet.
                Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

Working...
                X