X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMake Error

Hi everyone,

Earlier today, I reinstalled Kubuntu 9.10 after fiddlin' around with a couple of other distros. I went to reinstall a couple of plasmoids ("Customizable Weather Plasmoid" [cwp] and "Daisy") and an astronomy program called Stellarium. All three of these programs require one to compile the code in order to install. Which is no big deal (so I though!) since I had all three of these installed on my Kubuntu machine before.

In all three cases, when I got part way through the process, when I need to run cmake, I get the following error (or something similar):
    Code:
    CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not found.  Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
    -- Looking for include files HAVE_BYTESWAP_H
    -- Looking for include files HAVE_BYTESWAP_H - found
    -- Looking for tzset
    -- Looking for tzset - found
    -- Looking for pow10
    -- Looking for pow10 - not found
    -- Looking for setlocale
    -- Looking for setlocale - found
    -- Looking for snprintf
    -- Looking for snprintf - found
    CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:1432 (MESSAGE):
     Qt qmake not found!
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
     CMakeLists.txt:83 (FIND_PACKAGE)
    (When I tried to install the weather plasmoid, there was also an error that said that the "cmakelist.txt" file or something similar couldn't be found, although I could find it in the folder for the plasmoid!)

This all was very surprising to me as I installed everything that these things called for. Did I perhaps overlook something that I need to install (perhaps this "qmake" package)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: CMake Error

Make sure you have the build-essential package installed. That might be it.

Comment

You'll also need to install at least kdelibs5-dev (this will also pull in qt4-qmake as a dependency)

Note that you should be able to install the software straight from the repositories, packages for stellarium, plasma-widget-daisy and plasma-widget-customizable-weather are in karmic universe repository.

Comment

Ahh, cool. I didn't know that! I'll try to install them from the repositories then! I guess I'll install those packages that you guys have suggested in case I'll need them in the future.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X