Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New install of Karmic on Gateway NV52 need to acquire packages to tweak install!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New install of Karmic on Gateway NV52 need to acquire packages to tweak install!

Hello,

Just installed Karmic on a Gateway NV52 with the following and more on it

AMD Athlon 64 X2 QL-64
    320 GB HDD
    4 GB RAM
    DVD Super Multi DL drive
    Webcam
    Multi-in-1 card reader
    ATI RADEON Graphics
    Dolby Sound Room "doesn't have details as to this"

Ok, now I need packages for everything now that Karmic already doesn't provide and explanation as where to find it and how to use it if Karmic already has it, please.

First off need proper "Package Manager" program for acquiring packages installing them. Do I use the same one as I used for the Jaunty Jackalope?

Then I guess I need packages for flash, Java, a Cleaner, and package for program to use with Webcam on this machine. I also want firefox on this machine downloaded it went somewhere and couldn't install it, couldn't find install, don't know whats up with that.

I guess need full audio codecs as to play all available types of audio files a better Audio player besides Amarok if it is going to be crashing all the time like it just did.

Likes wise with the video situation unless Karmic and Dragon Player are sufficient in this area.

I also need to know how to look at all hardware on this machine.

That is all I can think of for now, as everything else seems to be working fine, wireless is running great.

Oh, every time Karmic boots up Wallet comes up wanting password can you explain that too, please?

Thank you.
    Honor Yourself with Truth and Fairness! Your Word is Your Bond! Give Your Word Power by Adhering to it!

Re: New install of Karmic on Gateway NV52 need to acquire packages to tweak install!

Hello,

Ok, right after I installed Karmic and checked for updates with Kpackagekit and it didn't find any. But last night it found 123 security and other important updates and installed them. Then when I pulled up Konqueror it installed flash, I think and several other media related updates.

Can anyone tell me what else needs to be done to satisfy the above post requests?

Thank you.
    Honor Yourself with Truth and Fairness! Your Word is Your Bond! Give Your Word Power by Adhering to it!

Comment

Working...
    X