X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some problems with audio

Hi, I'have two problems with audio on my brand new PC:

1) I'm non able to make my mike work: I can hear my voice form the speakers when I talk to my mike, but it is impossible (to me) to record a sound even with siple commands like

cat /dev/audio > audio
    cat audio > /dev/audio

(the same thing happens making the substitution audio -> dsp). Also software like skype can't record and broadcast anything.

2) This is about CD player. I'm sure that my device is OK (I've just installed Kubuntu using it), and I'm also sure that my CDs are readable. The behaviour when I try to listen to a CD is strange: the music is OK for the first 6 seconds, then the sound disappear while the software I use (i.e. Amarok, KsCD, Kaffeine...) pretend to go on playing music.

I suspect there is something wrong with some setting of Phonon. But I'm new to KDE, and I'm not able to solve these problems. Please help me. Thanks. M.P.

Re: Some problems with audio

I read there are several problems between Phonon and HDA Intel AD198x, there are a lot of post... but I could not find solution... Please do say I'wrong... Can you help me?

Comment

you should check out this how to you may find it helpful

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3108441.0
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thank you, perhaps you succeeded in solving my mic problem. Now if I set mic boost to maximum it is possible to hear someting, but I do not want to hear my voice from the speaker... how can I do that? (I think there would be some cursor to move, but I have a lot of them... please help...)

Then have you any idea for my cd-playing problem?

Comment

in the mixer try muteing your mic... you should not hear it any more... then try using a program such as audacity to record from it....

about your audio cd's have you installed the medibuntu repo (www.medibuntu.org) that will help you with a lot of media, not sure if audio cd's are included in that as i have not tried one.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I have tried to mute my mic but if I do this, I cannot record anything... I do not understand...

Comment

Working...
            X