This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right to left/left to right windows

I'm new to using Kubuntu. I switched from Ubuntu because of lag with Gnome that I'm not experiencing with KDE.

Question: Why are new windows in Kubuntu opening in the reverse order of Microsoft and Gnome windows? They open from right to left rather than from left to right. I would expect a new window tab in the panel to open right rather than left. This is annoying and I'm desperately searching for a way to reverse this so new windows open the way the majority of the world expects them to open.

Thanks in advance!!
    Jason
    If I can get some little annoying matters like this out of the way I think I won't bother buying Windows 7.

Re: Right to left/left to right windows

Please bear with me trying to make sense out of this.
    On all systems with a panel or taskbar that I know the icons are left-justified.
    In KDE they are additionally sorted in alphabetical order, not according to the order of opening them.

Am I close?

Comment

Rt click the Task Manager -> Task Manager Settings -> Change Grouping and Sorting to what suits you best

Comment

Here is an example of what I'm talking about:
        [img width=400 height=25]http://www.reidnet.org/example.jpg[/img]
        Obviously this is a screen shot of an XP window panel showing the windows I have open. I would like to figure out how to get new browser windows, program windows... to open from left to right. Currently, on my Kubuntu, new program windows, browsers... open in the opposite direction - I don't like the newest window to be the last panel to the left - I would like it to be the last panel to the right.

Comment

Originally posted by skunk
          Rt click the Task Manager -> Task Manager Settings -> Change Grouping and Sorting to what suits you best
          I believe this is the answer. Programs are sorted alphabetically by default if i'm not mistaken.

---
          Edit: I obviously need my eyes checked, my response was sort of an echo of what Teunis said.
          Registered Linux user #481882

Comment

Working...
          X