This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware information

Is there a KDE program for listing the hardware on my machine, analogous to the Device listing in Windows? I've installed hwinfo, but it's difficult to find anything in a long linear list like the one it generates.

Re: Hardware information

If kinfocenter is in the repo (I can't look ATM), that is a reasonable GUI with which to view your system and hardware.

Comment

kinfocenter

Originally posted by dibl
      If kinfocenter is in the repo (I can't look ATM), that is a reasonable GUI with which to view your system and hardware.
      It's in the repo. I installed it immediately and it's very nice. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by pwabrahams
        ... but it's difficult to find anything in a long linear list like the one it generates.
        might come in useful:
        Code:
        man grep
        As in
        Code:
        lspci | grep VGA
        for example
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

...also look at "Find Hardware Specs (Details) on your Computer " on http://embraceubuntu.com/2007/02/18/...your-computer/

The bit about producing an html file is useful.
          "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
          "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

I would try the widget Monitor HW first.
            Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Great Tip. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X