X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KDE 4.4 Beta Bugs & Issues.

Originally posted by Zorael
    Originally posted by abalone
    That's what comes to mind now. Should bugs be reported at Launchpad or bugs.kde.org? Or not at all?
    I would wait until RC1, which should hopefully hit the ppas within days. It was released earlier today (Jan 8) (announcement).
    Code:
    [23:03] <Riddell> it'll go in the beta PPA
    If the issues persist, file them at bugs.kde.org, unless they are obvious packaging bugs.
    This is good news. I also wondered whether to report bugs to LP or kde.org.
    Boot Info Script

Comment

Re: KDE 4.4 Beta Bugs &amp; Issues.

Originally posted by sithlord48

i disabled my second monitor,but have you tried seperate activites for each desktop ? (enabled via System settings-> desktop -> multi-desktops) perhaps that will help , or if you have it set as one large desktop span i could see that also causing your issue.
      I tried playing with those settings to no avail. What I did find is that the options to tile are available as global shortcuts, so I mapped keys to allow use of the function. I'm not sure if this is a new feature or just the ability to tile with the mouse is the new feature. Also there are nice features allowing the adjustment of the size and position of a window to fill a gap on the screen or to move between gaps in the screen which I think are new. (They call it "Pack Grow", "Pack Shrink", and "Pack Move")

Comment

USB mounting when multiple users are logged in.

When more than one user has a session running USB sticks are not mounted with the correct permissions. ie. if the main user has a session running, someone else wants to use the machine so they run switch user and log-in, if they attach a USB drive it gets owned by the first user and so they can't write to it, or even safely unmount it.

Comment

Originally posted by oblivion

On netbook workspace, as I mentioned before, all the windows are maximized/borderless/titleless and there is no user friendly way to revert this (not yet). But, you can solve this by editing one of the kwin preferences files at /home/yourusername/.kde/share/config/ location. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of that kwin config file now, but as fas as I can remember, it was the one represented not with a text file icon but with a HTML icon in Dolphin. So, just open dolphin, from the "view" menu select "show hidden files" and then go to "/home/yourusername/.kde/share/config/" location. Find that kwin configuration file (which is main Kwin config file). And "open with" Kate. İn that file, you have to find a key that says something like, for example "forceallwindowmaximized=true" (sorry, I can't remember it). Just set it to "false". then save it and you'll have your window borders,title etc. again.
          Tried to find forceallwindowmaximized or any variations. Learned more about grep, but couldn't find the kwin setting for this.

Then discovered that some--but not all--windows are maximized with no close, restore, minimize buttons. However restore and close window functions show up in the panel dropdown on the left, rather than on the window decoration itself.

I don't think that I tweaked any settings to get this, but not sure. Any changes would have been made through System Settings.

Comment

Originally posted by carsy
            Originally posted by oblivion

On netbook workspace, as I mentioned before, all the windows are maximized/borderless/titleless and there is no user friendly way to revert this (not yet). But, you can solve this by editing one of the kwin preferences files at /home/yourusername/.kde/share/config/ location. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of that kwin config file now, but as fas as I can remember, it was the one represented not with a text file icon but with a HTML icon in Dolphin. So, just open dolphin, from the "view" menu select "show hidden files" and then go to "/home/yourusername/.kde/share/config/" location. Find that kwin configuration file (which is main Kwin config file). And "open with" Kate. İn that file, you have to find a key that says something like, for example "forceallwindowmaximized=true" (sorry, I can't remember it). Just set it to "false". then save it and you'll have your window borders,title etc. again.
            Tried to find forceallwindowmaximized or any variations. Learned more about grep, but couldn't find the kwin setting for this.

Then discovered that some--but not all--windows are maximized with no close, restore, minimize buttons. However restore and close window functions show up in the panel dropdown on the left, rather than on the window decoration itself.

I don't think that I tweaked any settings to get this, but not sure. Any changes would have been made through System Settings.
            It seems that the settings parameters have been changed since first beta.

Whatever, actually that was long time ago (in KDE 4.4 beta 1). Now everything is in place, any netbook windows setting can be configured in traditional KDE way. Maximized borderless windows can be annoying, imo, if they are just simple dialogs such as KdeSudo. Now all I have to do is to set windows placement to "smart" (via System Settings/Windows Behaviour/Advanced).

Kudos to KDE developers. They have done a great job.

Comment

Working...
            X