This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Task Manager showing closed programs?

I have experienced this a couple of times now. When closing some applications, they still show on the taskbar widget. Any Ideas?

Here's what I mean:

[img=http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3941/snapshot1l.th.png]

If you look at that photo I'm searching for kon in the system activity app...should show konqueror since it appears on the task manage (bottom of screen). Firefox wasn't running either at time screenshot was taken.

Re: Task Manager showing closed programs?

Have to ask, but are you sure you 'closed' the programs, and not, maybe, just minimized them?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'm sure check the screenshot:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3941/snapshot1l.png

I'm searching for "k-o-n" there, should show konquerer. I did the same thing with Firefox before taking the screenshot there. I'm not that big of a noob.

It's the oddest thing has only happened twice in about 2 weeks, I discovered that removing the task manager and adding a "new" one takes them away.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven W
        I discovered that removing the task manager and adding a "new" one takes them away.
        Are you saying, that with running applications, you remove the Task Manager and then re-add it?
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Please look closely at the screenshot... Do you see konqueror in the system activity box --no. Do you see it in the task manager at the bottom of the screen --yes. I'm searching for "kon" and showing all processes in the system activity -- therefore if Konqueror were running it should show in the search results.

I'm apparently not the only one experiencing this issue:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=79137

Comment

Sounds like a bug. What happens if you click on the taskbar entry or right click on it. Perhaps hiding it or opening settings may prompt it to reset itself.

Comment

I have never seen this problem in Kubuntu, but the screenshot certainly suggests the programs have closed. If the programs were running then they should show in the process list.

Originally posted by Steven W
              I discovered that removing the task manager and adding a "new" one takes them away.
              Then it sounds like the programs really have quit, and the task bar has just failed to remove the labels for the closed programs. If the programs were truly running, then the newly added task bar would show labels for the running programs.
              Welcome newbies!
              Verify the ISO
              Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Working...
              X