This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qlix - anyone got it working? - media transfer to/from MTP formatted gizmos

I now can sync my MTP formatted YP-U3 mp3 player using Amarok, but I want a more general solution for simply moving podcasts, etc.

Qlix looks very attractive, and in the past I have found some claims in other forums that it works.

It crashes every time I try to use it under Kubuntu 9.10 on a desktop and netbook.

I never get to see the expected interface as described on the developer's webpage:
    http://qlix.berlios.de/?page_id=3

I found no recent Kubuntu/Ubuntu bug reports. My crashes display no messages. They start with just "no devices found. Please connect a device" (generally, but not always when I had not yet plugged the YP-U3 in) or "Detecting Devices" when it recognizes my YP-U3 supposedly but soon crashes. Most of the time it fails to close and Kwin has to kill it.

I have libmtp, mtpfs, mtp-tools, and qlix-dbg installed as well as qlix, all from Ubuntu repositories.
    Neon 18.04.1 User on desktop and on Asus Transformer 3 Pro laptop

Re: Qlix - anyone got it working? - media transfer to/from MTP formatted gizmos

Well, as the developer (from his site) doesn't state that he has developed Qlix for anything higher than Intrepid (and that was stated as: 'With any luck we’ll see Qlix 0.3 in Intrepid Ibex'). I would be thinking that it won't run correctly, if at all, in Karmic.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Qlix - anyone got it working? - media transfer to/from MTP formatted gizmos

Thanks, snowhog, for that comment.

I posted a similar note for "all variants" at the Ubuntu forums, but so far have no replies.

I will wait another day or so and then look deeper, if I can break the time free, and see about contacting the developer and maybe Debian/Ubuntu package people or do a bug report.

I will keep my fingers crossed in the meantime and hope that I may have only overlooked something...
      Neon 18.04.1 User on desktop and on Asus Transformer 3 Pro laptop

Comment

Working...
      X