Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to suspend to RAM when AC power is unplugged and lid is shut?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to suspend to RAM when AC power is unplugged and lid is shut?

Hello everyone,
    I have been using Kubuntu for 3 years and absolutly love it. I have just installed it on my new Eee PC 1005HA and everything is more or less working as I would like it.

Currently, if the lid is shut while the AC power is connected, the system will lock. Great. However if I then unplug the AC power with the lid still shut it will stay locked. I would love it if it could suspend to RAM if the AC power is unplugged while the lid is shut. Does anyone smarter than me know how to do this?

Cheers,
    Matt

Re: How to suspend to RAM when AC power is unplugged and lid is shut?

open system settings -> advanced tab -> power management - change the settings for
    performance mode's lid closed action
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
      open system settings -> advanced tab -> power management - change the settings for
      performance mode's lid closed action
      If you want to suspend when AC is unplugged (with lid closed), change the "powersave" profiles, not "performance" (which is usually used while on AC power). You may also wish to change the "Before doing suspend action, wait x min" value under the general settings.

Comment

sorry thought for some reason he wanted it to suppend to ram when pluged in ...

yes proformance when pluged in
        powersave on battery mode....
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X