Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED]Flash makes firefox crash kubuntu 9.10 x86_64 (libflashplayer.so)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]Flash makes firefox crash kubuntu 9.10 x86_64 (libflashplayer.so)

Hello,

Everything works in kubuntu except flash in firefox:everytime I trie to load a site:it works and everytime I trie to load a flash-site:firefox crashes...So I guess libflashplayer.so is bad installed,what can or what do I have to do to fix this?Any suggestions are welcome...

Re: Flash Problem:makes firefox crash kubuntu 9.10 x86_64 (libflashplayer.so)

Originally posted by spookie2005
    Hello,

Everything works in kubuntu except flash in firefox:everytime I trie to load a site:it works and everytime I trie to load a flash-site:firefox crashes...So I guess libflashplayer.so is bad installed,what can or what do I have to do to fix this?Any suggestions are welcome...
    Here's what I did -

I uninstalled flashplugin-installer and flashplugin-nonfree and just installed the 64-bit flash from Adobe's website.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

The gzipped archive contains only one file - libflashplayer.so and you just stick it in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Comment

how did you install flash to begin with? did you even install flash ?

you can find out if flash in installed by typing 'aboutlugins' in your location bar with in firefox (no ' s).
      the "normal" way to install flash plugin is by installing the package "adobe-flashplugin".
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I tried your suggestions and removed flashplugin-installer and flashplugin-nonfree and I copied libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/firefox/plugins but no succes: "aboutlugins" tells me flash player isn't loaded....It's indeed the 64-bit flash I need

Originally posted by wizard10000
        Hello,

Here's what I did -

I uninstalled flashplugin-installer and flashplugin-nonfree and just installed the 64-bit flash from Adobe's website.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

The gzipped archive contains only one file - libflashplayer.so and you just stick it in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins

Comment

Try copying libflashplayer.so to ~/.mozilla/plugins

Comment

I tried your suggestions and removed flashplugin-installer and flashplugin-nonfree and I copied libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/firefox/plugins but no succes: "aboutlugins" tells me flash player isn't loaded....It's indeed the 64-bit flash I need
            My apologies - I gave you a bad path. Should be

wizard@wizard-desktop:~$ sudo locate libflashplayer.so
            [sudo] password for wizard:
            /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/libflashplayer.so
            wizard@wizard-desktop:~$

-- anais nin

Comment

I had used the flashplugin-installer on my 64b KK and flash videos played perfectly.

I was curious to see how Adobe's version on its website would work so I removed the repository version and install Adobe's, following their instructions.

It played flash videos perfectly .... as long as I didn't move my mouse. If I did, the video stopped and wouldn't start until I stopped moving the mouse.

I uninstalled it and replaced it with the flashplugin-installer version in the repository. Things worked good again, and my mouse doesn't stop my flash videos.

I also note that every time I get notified of an upgrade that involves a kernel or kernel header, or resetting mime files, my flash player doesn't play and I have to reinstall flaypluglin-installer.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Well, that explains it. Every time I play a flash video my hands are off the keyboard and mouse
                -- anais nin

Comment

Yep,this works perfect Thank you!So I guess I placed it in the wrong directory....

Also a big thank you to all the others for their suggestions!

Originally posted by wizard10000
                  My apologies - I gave you a bad path. Should be

wizard@wizard-desktop:~$ sudo locate libflashplayer.so
                  [sudo] password for wizard:
                  /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/libflashplayer.so
                  wizard@wizard-desktop:~$

Comment

Hi,

It looks like I have sound in applications like amarok or I have flash-sound but not both at the same time,then I have to restart,what can I do?

Comment

I upgraded flash player and it seems to work

Comment

How can I close this topic?

Comment

Return to your initial post in this thread, click the modify button and add SOLVED to the subject.
                          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: [SOLVED]Flash makes firefox crash kubuntu 9.10 x86_64 (libflashplayer.so)

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X