X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Power Devil from Kubuntu 9.10 with 9.04

Hello,

Does someone know how to replace Power Devil or whole native power support in Kubuntu Karmic Koala with older one from jaunty ?

- Please help
    Kubuntu Karmic Koala AMD64bit Acer Aspire 7520

Re: Replacing Power Devil from Kubuntu 9.10 with 9.04

Tell a bit more - what is the problem ?

About downgrade

The PowerDevil is not a separate application/package.

> PowerDevil
    ...now that 4.2 is out. PowerDevil is now in kdebase module, so from 4.2 on there is no need to download/install it as a separate application...
    => The PowerDevil is a part of the KDE and with the Kubuntu it is part of the package > kdebase-workspace-bin
    core binaries for the KDE 4 base workspace module

This package contains miscellaneous programs needed for a basic KDE 4 desktop installation. Among other standard KDE 4 desktop components, the package provides startkde scripts, ksmserver (the KDE 4 session manager) and the main Plasma shell, which manages most KDE 4 visual user interface components. This package is essential to start and use KDE 4 Desktop Environment.

This package is part of the KDE 4 base workspace module.
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: Replacing Power Devil from Kubuntu 9.10 with 9.04

Originally posted by Rog131
      Tell a bit more - what is the problem ?
      Well - there was topic started by Fintan about UUIDs and problems with disks during boot. I took it up again here:
      http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3107767.0
      because I thought it could be the same. It wasn't. Other users came as they had same problem as me. All the error information we are getting is there.

There is kind of "bug" in Karmic. Everything is fine until you will touch screen brightness. Once you will do it - whole system slows down and overloads. From next boot - you have various problems including: mounting partition, screen brightness, slowness, etc. I checked it 3 - 4 times and it's definitely that.

Than I am always having info from power devil which is dying often... bastard >

I thought I will ask someone how to replace it with version from 9.04 because that one was perfect.

Originally posted by Rog131
      About downgrade
      The PowerDevil is not a separate application/package.
      > PowerDevil
      ...now that 4.2 is out. PowerDevil is now in kdebase module, so from 4.2 on there is no need to download/install it as a separate application...
      No good
      I filled a bug info on lunchpad to developers in hope someone will reply or check it but no answer so far.
      Only idea I had was to break in and replace 9.10 packages with 9.04 packages old school way...

If I complicated answer too much - please ask - I am so tired I almost fall asleep in front of laptop...

Added: If I cannot replace powerdevil do you think replacing KDE4 will give effect ?

Kubuntu Karmic Koala AMD64bit Acer Aspire 7520

Comment

Working...
      X