This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keybindings

I would like to give screenshot or ksnapshot a keybinding so I can use PrtSc key to take the snapshot.
    Was sure I had done this before, but for the life of me I can't figure out where to go or what to do.
    ver9.10
    Thanks for your assistance,
    Ted

Re: Keybindings

ok very easy when you know how. right click on your K menu button and select the menu editor, find the program you want to set the keyboard shortcut for and then on the left side of the windows select the second tab to set a short cut for it,

if that doesn't work let me know cause i am away from my machine right now and don't exactly remember where is system settings the other hotkey manager is located
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

KMenu -> Applications -> Settings -> System Settings -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Global Shortcuts

Right?
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Telengard
        KMenu -> Applications -> Settings -> System Settings -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Global Shortcuts
        Right?
        not all all what i was thinking that is for shortcuts that already exist,
        to create one you must do so in
        System Settings ->Input actions

right click in the blank space and go to new -> global shortcut -> command /url
        click now on the trigger and set your shortcut button(s) then click on action and type in ksnapshot
        apply and test it
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I must have missed the bulletin.
          Why doesn't Gobal Shortcuts work?
          Welcome newbies!
          Verify the ISO
          Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Working...