This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kdenlive problems, & libavcodec-extra-52 results in videos not playing

I've been trying to get kdenlive installed, or, that is to say, the newer version installed since the version in the Karmic repositories (0.7.5-1ubuntu1) does little beyond crash for me. I have, in fact, gotten the more recent version installed from the PPA suggested (read: insisted on in big bold print) by the official kdenlive site, but the issue is that the package on that PPA (perhaps just because it's the newer version) requires libavcodec-extra-52, libavformat-extra-52, etc. The problem is, if I replace the standard versions with the -extra versions, video files don't play in any of my normal programs! Kaffeine often can still play audio but no video, and when it doesn't even play the audio it "plays" the file by showing a blank screen and skipping through the file extremely quickly.

Of course, none of this makes kdenlive actually work, as it claims I don't have AVFormat installed (regardless of whether I have libavformat52 or libavformat-extra-52 installed). This holds true of the Karmic package from the normal repos too (it lets me go through the initial configuration wizard, which informs me of this, before it crashes upon trying to load the full program).

Arghhh.

Re: kdenlive problems, & libavcodec-extra-52 results in videos not playing

...no ideas, anyone? Strangely video plays fine in Avidemux, but not in Kaffeine, MPlayer, Totem, Dragon Player, etc etc etc.

Comment

Working...
    X