This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shutdown Buttons Don't Work

I'm running Kubuntu 9.10 AMD64. All updates applied.

Sometime during the past week my shutdown, restart, log-out etc...in fact everything under Leave .. do not work. I click them, the confirmation pop-up loads, I click it, it disappears and nothing else happens - I can keep using my applications as though I'd never instructed the machine to exit the OS. The only way I can safely switch-off or restart my machine is through the command line with sudo shutdown -r now and sudo shutdown -P now. Anyone know how I may remedy this?

I've thought about re-installing something but I don't know what that something might be. If anyone knows then please tell me.

Re: Shutdown Buttons Don't Work

Maybe the problem is somewhere deeper, but have you tried (at least as a workaround) a little plasmoid for shutdown and lock?
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Josefko, that works. Still need to know which part of the OS to re-install to get the Kicker session management buttons to work but for now the Plasma Widget will do. Thank you very much.

Comment

When it appeared that in the layers under the plasmoid for shutdown is everything ok, maybe you could reinstall plasmoid Kickoff. I never tried this.
        Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Working...
        X