This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]after upgrade flash in firefox is broken

It magically still works in Opera, but Firefox is convinced no flashplayer of any kind is installed. It also does not show up in aboutlugins

I've tried reinstalling the restricted wossname, aswell as the browser, but no luck

any clues anyone?

Re: after upgrade flash in firefox is broken

Have you tried checking ~/.mozilla/plugins ? And what does "locate libflashplayer.so" spit out? If it shows it's out there somewhere, but there isn't a copy in ~/.mozilla/plugins, you might want to try copying it there, or making a symbolic link there that points towards where it is (it's as simple as using Dolphin or Konqueror and click-dragging it from the folder it's in to the one that you want it to be in, and then just choosing "link here" from the three options it presents you upon release of the mouse button).

Comment

Re: after upgrade flash in firefox is broken

The libflashplayer.so was in the appropriate folder, but when I just started firefox from the terminal I saw I got me some wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 messages for the many places it was located.

I downloaded the latest flash alpha instead of using the kubuntu package and now all is well.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Re: [SOLVED]after upgrade flash in firefox is broken

No problem, and glad you got it figured out

Comment

Working...
        X