This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flvtomp3 - problems on karmic

I found this app on kde-apps. http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100248 There is a package for 9.04 but it doesn't run on karmic. The download just contains an executable file rather than being a .deb install. I was hoping the 9.04 one would work but it obviously doesn't.

Has anyone got any other suggestions for apps to convert from flv to mp3, I see that soundkonverter hasn't ported to qt4 yet, or how I could get flvtomp3 to work on karmic?

thanks

Re: flvtomp3 - problems on karmic

convert from flv to mp3
    Audiokonverter ?

> audiokonverter (also for KDE4)
    KDE Service Menu

Description:
    audiokonverter is a service menu (and also a commandline utility) to easily convert from OGG, MP3, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WMA, RealAudio, Musepack, Wavpack, WAV and movies to MP3, OGG, M4A, WAV and FLAC in Konqueror by right-clicking on them. It needs ffmpeg, oggenc, oggdec, faac, faad, flac, mplayer and lame to work. id3lib is optional for full functionality. Also optional are vorbis-tools and metaflac for handling other metadata.

It has an options to "extract audio to > an audio file, copying only" or "mp3/ogg/flac/m4a/wav"

A .deb from the PPA repsitories /1/ > Show PPAs matching: audiokonverter >> PPA for Rog131 >>> Package name contains: audiokonverter

/1/ > FAQ: Repositories & Using the PPA repositories
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

sweet that looks nice Rog131

I was going to sugjest if you use firefox to get it's downloadhelper extenshon or winff
      but that looks quite easeyer.

VINNY

PS:Rog131 has cool stuff in his ppa
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks Rog131. I actually looked in your ppa to see if you had packaged flvtomp3 but I didn't see the service menu. I have installed it and it works fine.

Comment

Working...
        X