This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ayatana notifications configuration and themes

I've played with notifications settings - I was curious how the Ayatana notifications look like - but I got my notifications looking like they do in Gnome desktop. So I'm looking for a way to go back to my previous notifications.
    I've found a guide to enable/configure notifications: http://digitizor.com/2009/11/08/how-...-karmic-koala/, but although I get nice previews from the configuration dialog, system notifications have the same gnome-style no matter what. Even disabling system notifications altogether has no effect.

Do these notifications take effect after logging off/logging back on? Or after a system restart?
    I'm using Kubuntu Karmic with KDE 4.3.3 with the latest updates.
    Attached Files

Re: Ayatana notifications configuration and themes

After restart the system went back to the old KDE notifications. Still I would have liked to use the Ayatana notifications with KDE plasma style. It seems to be a bug related to KDE 4.3.3.

Comment

Re: Ayatana notifications configuration and themes

Originally posted by bogdanbiv
      After restart the system went back to the old KDE notifications.
      Restarting just plasma would probably do it as well.

Still I would have liked to use the Ayatana notifications with KDE plasma style.
      Hmm...I'm running KDE 4.3.3 and my plasma style works with ayatana notifications (although I prefer the KDE ones)

Comment

Working...
      X