This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio do not work with kdenlive,lmms and skype

Hi you all! I have some problems with kubuntu 9.10, skype, kdenlive and lmms.
    When I used kdenlive, I do not hear any sound. I have tried to change my driver audio, wiht pulseaudio, oss and in the end with alsa, but nothing. It do not work.
    The same problem I had with skype and lmms. I do not hear any sound.
    I think that the problem is pulseaudio, but in my system, pluseaudio is not installed. When i write in a terminal sudo apt-get --purge remove pulseaudio, it show me that pulseaudio is not installed on my system.
    Instead, amarok and others audio/video programs, work correctly.
    Can you help me?

Re: Audio do not work with kdenlive,lmms and skype

The first thing I would do is go to KMix (the mixer in the panel, at the bottom), go to settings, add all the channels that seem to make sense, and then try to enable the different channels, that might do. This is one of the most typical problems/fixes with Audio. Also, pulse audio in Karmic has been solid here (it was a disaster in Jaunty).

Ciao!

Comment

Here mic doesn't work with skype

The mic doesn't work with my new Sony Vaio CW
      [linux user #449224 - Kubuntu user #15071]

Comment

Re: Here mic doesn't work with skype

Originally posted by speedyx
        The mic doesn't work with my new Sony Vaio CW
        My Sony VAIO VGN-FW140E audio and mic work with my 64bit Kubuntu 9.10 installation. It was detected and install automatically by HAL. When I plug a headset into the mic and speaker jacks the audio output automatically goes to the headset. When I unplug the headset the audio output goes back to the internal speakers and the mic returnes to the internal mic.

I've attached a snapshot of my ALSA mixer dialog to show the settings.
        Attached Files
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

speedyx, have you tried my suggestion in my post above? You didn;t comment on that. Look at all the channels GG is showing, some times you need to enable channels in the settings menu (I wonder why they are not all active by default).

Comment

Originally posted by lmilano
            speedyx, have you tried my suggestion in my post above? You didn;t comment on that. Look at all the channels GG is showing, some times you need to enable channels in the settings menu (I wonder why they are not all active by default).
            Yes, of course. No working mic here. In windows7 works.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek

My Sony VAIO VGN-FW140E audio and mic work with my 64bit Kubuntu 9.10 installation. It was detected and install automatically by HAL. When I plug a headset into the mic and speaker jacks the audio output automatically goes to the headset. When I unplug the headset the audio output goes back to the internal speakers and the mic returnes to the internal mic.

I've attached a snapshot of my ALSA mixer dialog to show the settings.
              I'll try to compare this with my wife's Vaio CW. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X