This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved: Some Emacs submenus disapeared in Karmic

I have been using Emacs for two years for most tasks partly because it was always rock solid. If nothing worked Emacs always, even in safemode. But now after upgrade to Karmic some submenus in Emacs disappeared, some of them temporarily, others permanently.

Edit on Main Menu and Emacs Jabber client - submenus disappeared from the beginning, now they are back, I don't know why.
    Email client Emacs Gnus and Web browser Emacs w3m - all submenus disappeared permanently.

I know that everything in Emacs can be handled from Emacs command line or with shortcuts, but what was suitable twenty years ago, is not today. In the best Kubuntu version ever.

Problem is the same in Emacs 22 and 23 from repository.
    Is there somebody who knows how to bring submenus back?
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Re: Some Emacs submenus disapeared in Karmic

Accidentally I found the solution to the problem. Instead of submenu it is possible to use pop up menu launched with Ctrl+right mouse, which contains all necessary case sensitive options.

So, Emacs stays rock solid even if partially damaged and I can mark this topic solved.
    Accidental readers, imagine yourself loosing all Kmail submenu after upgrade.

Updated 18.11.2009:
    Among today's updates was an update, which repaired the bug described in this topic. I wish it was always so fast. It's nice to see that somebody still cares about Emacs.
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Working...
    X