This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Title bar coloir in Karmic

In Jaunty, there was an option under System Settings > Appearance > Windows for Oxygen called "Blend title bar colors with window contents". If you unchecked it, you could change the title bar color independently from the rest of the window. Now in Karmic, that option seems to be gone. Where did it go? I like the Oxygen window decorations, but I prefer a different title bar color. Any way to fix this?

Interestingly, it still appears in the latest release of openSUSE, which I think is based on KDE 4.3.1.

Re: Title bar coloir in Karmic

You probably want the "Ozone" decoration. Another one with title bar blending option is "Nitrogen".

Comment

Nitrogen ?

> Nitrogen
      Description:
      The Nitrogen window decoration is a fork of the oxygen/ozone decoration that allows notably to
      - select different title bar blending and frame border size depending on the window title or name, in order to have better integration of GTK based windows in the decoration style.

With the KDE 4.4 > Oxygen is dead, long live Oxygen
      Today Hugo Pereira Da Costa hacker extraordinare of Nitrogen, the very popular window decoration theme in kde-look, merged it into Oxygen, this means that we will be able to have just one theme that can do what oxygen and ozone did and much much more...
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Thanks, I actually discovered Ozone on my own just now. Hmm... I don't see any other difference between Oxygen and Ozone except for this one option. Anyone know the story there?

Comment

Working...
        X