This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaffeine and DVD

Have just installed Karmic Koala. Have two questions related to Kaffeine 1.0-pre2 and DVD_s

1. How to navigate a DVD menu using keyboard shortcuts (rather than a mouse)?
    2. How to start a DVD from a drive (rather than from a disk)?

I want to program a remote control to perform these tasks using lirc. Thanks in advance.

Re: Kaffeine and DVD

From the lack of response I conclude that it is not at present possible to start a DVD from the hard disk. Also I conclude that there are no possibility to use keyboard shorcuts to navigate the DVD menu. Correct?

Comment

Hi hallergard
      You can start a DVD that is on your hard drive . Right click on the folder that the movie is in and click open with >other, in the next menu that opens click the cross next to multimedia and then the video/media player you have installed from the list. I guess Kaffeine or any other player you have.Dont know about the keyboard shortcuts I'm afraid

Comment

Thanks Bossa. I used to use the following command: kaffeine dvd://path/ which now does not work. But you tell me to use this command: kaffeine /path and it works!

I am grateful for this advice. Remains to figure out how to navigate the DVD menu. Suppose I can use PageDown and PageUp for next/previous chapter,but that is not really using the DVD menu, is it?

Comment

kaffeine dvd:///path/
          actually works best. Remains how to navigate the DVD menu using the keyboard?

Comment

Working...
          X