This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uBlog "thing" on the desktop

Hello everyone. I hope I'm putting this in the right thread. I installed Kubuntu 9.10, very nice by the way, but I'm curious what the uBlog window/app is that is on the desktop and starts with the operating system. What is it? Can it be customized to allow me to add posts to my own blog or something like that? I'm curious...

Re: uBlog "thing" on the desktop

It's a microblogging plasmoid, used to microblog to twitter or identi.ca. You can certainly use it to do your own blogging. When you hover over it with your mouse you'll see a light bar to the left or right of it. Click on the wrench to configure this plasmoid. There you can enter your twitter or identi.ca acount.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. When you say you can use it to do your own blogging, can it be used to post new blogs on a wordpress or blog.com blog that I have or does it have to be a twitter or indeni.ca blog?

Comment

Originally posted by Thrasonic
        Thanks for the quick response. When you say you can use it to do your own blogging, can it be used to post new blogs on a wordpress or blog.com blog that I have or does it have to be a twitter or indeni.ca blog?
        The micro-blogging plasmoid is for micro-blogging (e.g. Twitter), not macro-blogging (e.g. WordPress, Blogger, etc.). That is, it is intended for microblog platforms (those that limit posts to a certain number of characters, such as Twitter's 140-character limit).

Currently the microblog plasmoid supports only Twitter and identi.ca, as far as I know.

Comment

Thanks for the reply and the info. It makes sense now.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a macro-blogging tool or widget? That would be pretty cool. I'll Google it and see what I can find, but if anyone know of anything please let me know.

Comment

But there is currently a bug in uBlog. Tweets from friends don't show up. I've already reported it on bugs.kde.org
            Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

Working...
            X