X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot change font size for Kate

Hello everyone,

I have installed Kubuntu 9.10 on my desktop PC and today I have found that I can't change font size for Kate. The default font size was 8, it's too small, so I choosed 12 and then I clicked "apply", but nothing happened. I opened the configure window again, and the font size was always 8.

So I had to go to the "system settings" -> "appearance" -> "fonts" for changing the fixed width fonts' size.
    But I have Kubuntu 9.10 too on my laptop, and I can change the font size, there's no such problem.

Then I have "purged" the kate, and reinstalled it. But the problem is always there, and now kate is no longer in the submenu "utilites", it's in "lost+found" and I can't move it back to "utilities".

I really don't know what i should do for solving this problem, anyone could help ?

Greetings ...

Re: Cannot change font size for Kate

Hi,

There is an issue with kubuntu 9.10 and with some folder in you home
    directory. The main problem is that kate also is used by kile and kdevelop
    so the problem is inherited by other applications.

Basically problem reside in the file kateschemarc, because it has root
    access instead of you as normal user. Also the folder "session" the same issue.

The "session" problem you can find it out by starting kate trough the terminal,
    you will see the error there if you modify the configuration of kate, but with
    the other files there is no error messages.

I'll recommend you to make a "sudo dolphin ~/.kde/share/config/" and select
    all the files and make sure that you are the own of all these files and all
    subfolders in order to avoid the same problem with other programs..

I hope it help you!!

Best greetings.

Comment

Working...
    X