X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no audio after upgrade to KDE 4.3.3 [SOLVED]

Hi all,

I just upgraded my (perfectly working) kubuntu 9.10 to use KDE 4.3.3 with the Kubuntu Updates PPA.

The result is: no sound at all.

Some tests I have done: from System Settings->Multimedia I get a list of output devices for "Music". "Pulse" does not play anything when clicking on "Test" button. "HDA Intel" plays ok. "HDA ATI HDMI" plays through the HDMI cable, as expected.

Any hints are welcome...

Andrea.

Re: no audio after upgrade to KDE 4.3.3

humm thought KDE4.3.3 was the default in 9.10karmic.......well I was using it in9.04 just beffor I upgraded.

eneyway check to see if the PCM chanell is turned up in Kmix as well as eney others click Kmix>mixer>setings>configure chanels and make shure thare all checked then ajust as nesesarey

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Listen to Vinny.
      Vinny is the man, man!

Comment

If un-muting the PCM channel doesn't work, have a look at my [SOLVED] audio problem along a similar vein.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3107719.0

Comment

Hi SCBrasil,

thanks for the link to the other thread. Indeed, I had a different problem (I was already booting the latest kernel), but one of the other suggestions you received worked for me.

For the record: I had to unmute the headphone to have pulse working...

Cheers,

Andrea.

Comment

Working...
          X