This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't load standard Gmail view in Firefox

I have been unable to access my gmail in any manner other then the html view (which, though it works, is a pain to use). I just upgraded to the new Kubuntu, hoping that this would solve my issue but it has not.
    I don't know if it is a problem within my settings or if I'm somehow missing something very important that allows me to do this. As far as I can tell, java works fine on other sites so I am perplexed as to why it only is an issue in gmail. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this?

Re: I can't load standard Gmail view in Firefox

Please try reinstalling Firefox.
    Specification: 3.06 GHZ Pentium 4, 1 gig ram, 17" monitor, ECS P4M800PRO-M version 2 and 500 gig Hitachi desk star
    Linux Mint 7 Gloria KDE community editon.
    Based on Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope.

Comment

I have tried that, and nothing changed. I have no problem with any other sites that I have come across either.

Comment

Gmail does not use java, but javascript. A plain Firefox install should work. Do you have any Firefox plugins such as no-script installed?

Comment

The only one that I have installed that I know of is Ad block plus. I did have noscript, but I turned it off.

Comment

Does gmail work with Konqueror? I'd trying also completely removing noscript just in case, gmail should work for you without hassles.

Comment

I uninstalled noscript, and I also disabled the gmail notifier extension just in case that was causing problems for some obscure reason. Neither changed the fact that it won't load. I tried it in Konqueror, and it loaded. It was buggy but it worked.

Comment

Working...
              X