Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i get liquid weather running in karmic?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i get liquid weather running in karmic?

hello y'all,
    I have been running 8.04 for quite a while and recently upgraded to karmic, I have become very used to my liquid weather widget givin me good local and reliable weather reports, but I cant seem to get it to run in kde4.3! The weather widgets that come with are to be honest crap, with iquid I could get my exact locations weather and now the nearest is like 45km away, so not very accurate!!! Im not impressed and really want to get liquid running again ive installed the plasma-scriptengine-superkaramba and downloaded liquidweather but when I add it, I cant find it any where in the add widgets thingy!!!
    can any one help me?

Re: how do i get liquid weather running in karmic?

has no one realy tried to get liquid weather working in kde4? I realy do recomend it, if we can get it to run!!! Its the best weather widget I have used to date!

Comment

liquid weather ++
      DEPENDENCIES ...

the current version REQUIRES:
      superkaramba version 0.39 or greater.
      PyQt v3.13 or greater
      ImageMagick
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

thanx but i already know that as ive installed it before and read the stuff on the website, but i cant get it to work in kde4!

Comment

so I have now just launched superkaramba on its own, I add the liquid weather theme, and first it told me I didnt have the correct kross install so I did sudo aptitude search kross got thissudo aptitude search kross
          i libkrosspython0 - Kross scripting framework for KDE 4 - Pyth
          i libkrossruby0 - Kross scripting framework for KDE 4 - Ruby
          installed both to be on the safe side, relaunced it and it told me I needed pyqt, but I hav elready installed
          pyqt4-dev-tools, so I tried the qt3 version pyqt-tools and still its teling me I dont have pyqt installed! any one?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
          X