This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widget resize

Is it possible to resize all widgets in Karmic permanently?
    I have the Battery Monitor widget, it was possible in Jaunty to resize it to be smaller, but now after restart it always returns to the full size.
    In System Tray it is too small for me.
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Re: Widget resize

I am not sure if you can, but maybe try this. Unlock the widgets then add new panel bar somewhere else, and give it its own battery monitor to your right size, lock widgets then restart. Are both widgets back to one size or is new panel the right size? If the latter your panel might be the problem.

Failing that perhaps a new .kde directory? ( this is a very overkill solution even if it works ) i.e
    cd
    sudo mv ./.kde ./.kde_backup
    exit
    Restart, you will have a fresh kde install, does the widget resize work in this? If not to go back to old you previous kde install just do
    sudo rm -r ./.kde
    sudo mv ./.kde_backup ./.kde
    exit
    and restart.
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Comment

Re: Widget resize

Thank you natman for responding. Sorry I didn't describe details properly, the problem is with the free standing plasmoid outside panel, which is more than 1"x1" big when it is full size. I would like to have it half the size like in Jaunty.
      Maybe .kde reset would solve the problem but I don't want to loose my settings now, so I will better live with the Batery Monitor widget in the System Tray.
      Attached Files
      Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Working...
      X