Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Propietary Drivers not downloading or installing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Propietary Drivers not downloading or installing.

Basically I am trying to download and install the Prop driver [185] for NVIDIA, but it keeps freezing during download...is there another way to get this file so that I can have the driver?
    ...and as time went by everyone of them knew they&#39;d get a little bit older and a little bit slower...<br />Number Nine<br />Number Nine<br />Number Nine

Re: Propietary Drivers not downloading or installing.

did you go to:
    kmenu=>Applicaitons=>System=>Hardware Drivers

you should see NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (version 185) [recommended]

you can select it then click activate at the bottom.
    &quot;Your doctrines are grandiose but useless, that is why no one accepts them.&quot; Hui Tzu<br />____________ __ __ __ __ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ <br />AMD Phenom II x4 940 Denab 3.708Ghz Black Edition<br />XFX NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 710MHz<br />G.SKILL 2x2GB DDR2<br />Kubuntu 9.10....&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; ....oh and w7 for games

Comment

Yeah I was doing that and it wasn't working.
      But somoehow it worked so don't worry about it now. I have a retard webcam do deal with instead
      ...and as time went by everyone of them knew they&#39;d get a little bit older and a little bit slower...<br />Number Nine<br />Number Nine<br />Number Nine

Comment

yeah it did the exact same thing to me last week when I installed.. I thought that I wouldn't happen anymore--how odd

good luck with the web cam..
        &quot;Your doctrines are grandiose but useless, that is why no one accepts them.&quot; Hui Tzu<br />____________ __ __ __ __ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ <br />AMD Phenom II x4 940 Denab 3.708Ghz Black Edition<br />XFX NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 710MHz<br />G.SKILL 2x2GB DDR2<br />Kubuntu 9.10....&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; ....oh and w7 for games

Comment

Happened to me also, but I fixed it by switching mirrors.

Comment

Working...
          X