X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All internet programs ver slow?

Hi,
    All of my internet stuff ( thunderbird, kopete, ..) are all very slow since i installed Karmic. I can fix the problem in firefox by turning ipv6 off but how do i fix it for the rest of my kubuntu?

Patrick
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Re: All internet programs ver slow?

I have "patched" my problem, sorry i should have searched the boards better before posting -sorry again. My problem has something to do with my router/ISP not liking ipv6 so patch was this
    Re: How to disable ipv6 in karmic?
    Edit /etc/default/grub
    add ipv6.disable=1 between "" at the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""
    run command update-grub

refer to
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2

I think all i have done it disable an option in the kernel at boot up, is what i have done dangerous in any way?
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Comment

Originally posted by natman
      I think all i have done it disable an option in the kernel at boot up, is what i have done dangerous in any way?
      No.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I actually need to do this as well globally.

But I can't figure out how to actually get into it to do it... Damn I hate being a newbie sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by cptrohn
          ... Damn I hate being a newbie sometimes.

Been there, done that!

Every time we try something new we become newbies!

In the 40 years I programmed I was a newbie more times than I could count. I used Linux for eleven years before I switched to Kubuntu... Except for the trivial number of console commands I knew, It was like starting all over again. "What's sudo?", I thought. Apt-get? Where is xorg.conf?
          How can the video configure without xorg.conf?

Switching from KDE3 to KDE4 was a big leap. Very little of what I knew about how to manage KDE3.5 applied to KDE4.x.

All in all, switching to Kubuntu, sudo, apt-get and KDE 4.3.3 has given me the best desktop I have ever run since I bought an Apple ][+ in the summer of 1978. That includes the VISTA Home Premium that I blew off this notebook when I installed Kubuntu in February. Fast, beautiful and sleek.... I think I'm in love! 8) 8) 8)
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X