Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GPG error and authentication warning when adding the medibuntu repository

Fixed that part, now when I enter into kate, each line separately or continuous and then press enter?

Comment

I'm not understanding your question.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Sorry, I'm a Mac guy.. we think differently. :P

The page says to do this:

To enable the Medibuntu repository, please do the following:
        Import the repository:
        sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
        Import the gpg-key and update your package-list:
        sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude install medibuntu-keyring && sudo aptitude update
        Then run
        sudo update-apt-xapian-index
        to make Synaptic (which we install in the next chapter) display packages from third-party repositories.

Each of those comands should be entered separately? Because at the end of each command that I enter, AFTER I press "enter", it simply goes to the next line and nothing happens.

Comment

Okay. You have a console opened, yes? Assuming yes.
          One at a time, copy and then paste each of the following commands and press Enter after each:
          Code:
          sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
          Code:
          sudo aptitude update
          Code:
          sudo aptitude install medibuntu-keyring
          Code:
          sudo aptitude update
          The last command you posted - sudo update-apt-xapian-index - isn't proper here, so do not do it.

Once the above is completed, you will have the Medibuntu repository and pgp key installed. At this point, if you don't already have it installed, you would be doing yourself a favor by installing Synaptic package manager. Type:
          Code:
          sudo apt-get install synaptic
          The application will be installed under K > Applications > System

Comment

I physically typed very slowly to make sure I was correct with each command and pressing enter after each command down to the last "install synaptic" command, again, pressing enter, and STILL nothing happens.

I checked my k>app>syst, and it's still the default programs.

Sorry, I don't mean to be such a "noob goober"..

Comment

Are you prompted for a password after you press enter on each command? If you are not, then I have to ask - are you the user who installed Kubuntu on this PC? If you are not, then you don't have 'sudo' privileges and will not be able to perform the actions.

Comment

I am the owner of this pc. I am the authorized "one" to do anything on my pc. I was prompted for a password originally and I entered it, and then it came down with a bunch of information. But after I entered these commands, it just "sat" there and did nothing.
                Unless it's actually taking a longer time than I expected.. I just saw a line entered:
                kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kconf_update.so

Comment

Originally posted by Duke_Zuper
                  But after I entered these commands, it just "sat" there and did nothing.
                  The first command would have generated some output. You saw that?
                  The second command would have shown a lot of output. You saw that?
                  The third command would have shown some output. You saw that?
                  The forth command would have shown a lot of output. You saw that?
                  The last command would have shown output and asked you if you wanted to install (Y/n). You saw that and answered Y (hit enter or typed Y and then enter)?

Comment

after each command, nothing happened.

Comment

Are you currently on the PC that you are running these commands on? I'm thinking 'no,' but I need confirmation.

Comment

I am on this pc running these commands as we converse.

Comment

after each command, nothing happened.
                          You are typing these in a console correct? (Alt+F2 enter, konsole)
                          Boot Info Script

Comment

it says my name : kate at the top of a window that has a black background with white lettering in it.

Comment

it says my name : kate at the top of a window that has a black background with white lettering in it.
                              Thats your problem. Your in Kate and not konsole.
                              Boot Info Script

Comment

Console is 1) K > Applications > System > Terminal (Konsole) or 2) press Alt+F2 and type konsole

Comment

Working...
                                X