X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karmic and Java

I have a big problem with Kubuntu 9.10

One of my most used programs is PS3Mediaserver which I use to stream video, pictures music etc.. to my PS3.

It requires java runtime environment to run. It worked perfectly under 9.04 but now it causes the whole system to crash

If I start the program the screen flickers, then the mouse freezes and the screen goes black and I have to reset the computer. Initially I had set the server to autostart which was fun but managed to delete the autostart script using the live CD.

I have tried running it with both Sun Java and OpenJDK with the same result?

Has anyone else had a similar result with any other programs? or does anyone have PS3mediaserver running correctly?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. If I can't get it to work I'll have to go back to Jaunty or maybe have a bash with another distro

Thanks for reading

Kurt

Re: Karmic and Java

Originally posted by kurtfhouse
    I have a big problem with Kubuntu 9.10

One of my most used programs is PS3Mediaserver which I use to stream video, pictures music etc.. to my PS3.

It requires java runtime environment to run. It worked perfectly under 9.04 but now it causes the whole system to crash
    Yes, I've got the same problem running another java application. Screen flickers, background gets corrupted, mouse freezes periodically leading to a full system lockup.

I'm trying to find any existing bug reports about this issue - no luck yet.

Comment

Re: Karmic and Java

For some reason after upgrading from 9.04 the openjdk came before the Sun Jdk in the path, so Eclipse (an ide) and JMeter (a testing application) behaved weird.
      I uninstalled the openjdk, made sure I had a Sun 1.6 jdk in the path, and they seem to work well now.

Comment

Working...
      X